Renée Gendron is driven by one question: how do we make businesses more innovative and adaptive to ensure active participation by everyone, prosperity and purpose. She’s been interested in the economy, systems and shifts in paradigms for over 12 years. To that end she’s extended leadership and conflict resolution courses to help entrepreneurs and businesses get in the head space to be innovative and thrive. More recently she’s developed a business relationship mapping tool to enable entrepreneurs and companies gain insight into gaps in the market, key pivot points and opportunities for collaboration.
Usually 1 to 2 one hour sessions where alternative strategies, additional resources and supports are identified. Goals and milestones can also be clarified. Sessions are ideal for entrepreneurs, small businesses, team leaders and individuals facing conflict or leadership issues.
Lunch and learns
Business relationship mapping for innovation
Engaging different people for prosperity
Understanding community and business shifts
Webinars and in-person training
Business Builder Collaboration Rounds An assisted negotiation session between several businesses to help them develop their ecosystems, identify resources and potential collaborations. Sessions also include elements of challenging assumptions and methods to improve decision-making.
Resiliency: Leading yourself in difficult times It seems that some situations are more challenging than others to overcome. Prolonged periods of setbacks and challenges can cause demotivation and disengagement. This presentation will introduce participants to the concepts of self-leadership and resiliency and will teach the students techniques on how to try again.
Taking the Workplace Bully by the Horns There are bullies in many work places. Encountering one can be devastating emotionally and psychologically. The effects of working with a workplace bully can last for years. In this presentation participants learn techniques to improve their self-esteem, their ability to remain sort through their emotions and gain a better understanding of the impacts workplace bullying has had on them.
Silence as a communication tool Silence is an integral part of communication. Silence carries meaning and conveys information. Yet we tend to be very uncomfortable with silence. In Western culture, silence is something that needs to be quickly filled for it makes us feel awkward. In this webinar learn about silence and its different meanings. You will also learn techniques to quieten your mind and to focus on the information that the silence is conveying.
Addressing Difficult Behaviour If you work with people, eventually you have to deal with conflict. They scream, they intimidate, they pout, basically, they are difficult. Employees can have behavioural issues that hamper team development. Customers can be excessively difficult. You and your staff needn’t put up with the stress. In this workshop, learn some techniques to reduce friction in a tense conversation.
Empowerment – Unleashing Potential The true task of a leader is to create and support more leaders. One way leaders accomplish this is through empowerment. Empowerment is a process in which a person becomes more autonomous. First you need to lead yourself and set the example for others. Second you need to change how you interact with the organisation. This workshop focuses on techniques of self-empowerment and the empowerment of immediate team members. Learn some techniques in helping others to help themselves.
You Matter Too Maybe you work for a not-for-profit organisation. Maybe you work in the medical field. Or maybe you’re caring for an ill or aging loved one. Society puts a lot of pressure on you to care and tend to the needs of another because of your role. But society doesn’t see that you’re very tired, that you need time for yourself and that some days it’s very difficult to cope with all of the demands put on you. In short, you’re suffering from empathy fatigue. Learn what empathy is and some steps you can take to recharge yourself.
Mentorship – Developing Talent from Within Organisations that have mentoring programs are more likely to retain their top talent and achieve high levels of productivity. Mentoring helps strengthen positive organisational culture and create community. Having mentoring opportunities hones peoples coaching and leadership skills as well as fosters self-confidence and team building. Learn the building blocks for creating a cost effective mentorship program inside your organisation.
All services are available in French and in English.
My name is Dave Lebert and I am the Continuing Education Portfolio Manager with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management.
It was our pleasure to host Renée Gendron for her webinar on Managing Difficult Behaviors on September 22/2016. CSNM had over 300 of our Members registered and eager to hear her presentation.
Renée is a true specialist in the field of Human Resources. Her webinar provided many scenarios in which can successfully manage ourselves when facing difficult behavior situations with people.
Renée was eager to assist our Membership, and helping answer their questions, in fact, Renee was kind enough to stay on her own time to ensure that everyone's questions were answered.
The post-webinar survey results of the Members who attended her webinar, showed a tremendous appreciation for the information Renée provided, and for the detail and effort she gave to ensure all of the questions were answered.
It is our hope that Renée will come back and have another webinar session with us. D.L., CSNM CONTINUING EDUCATION CHAIR, CANADIAN SOCIETY OF NUTRITION MANAGEMENT
* * * I have had Renée Gendron come out and speak on a number of occasions, and she has always been well received.
She has facilitated sessions during the last three Global Entrepreneurship Weeks, as well as BDC Small Business week that I have hosted, as well as our round table discussions, and other one off education sessions here @ Collab Space.
Renée has a way with people, and uses some great techniques to engage with her audience base.
Always looking forward to joining her seminars and workshops! B.K., FOUNDER, COLLABSPACE
* * * I have known Renée for several years, having first met in my role as President of the Ottawa Product Management Association (OPMA).
Over this time Renee has been an active participant at many of our networking events culminating in her giving a key note speech to our members in June of last year.
In this speech Renée summarized a season's worth of keynotes while adding colour with her insightful and often witty views on commercialization and Product Management. Of particular note is that the speech required considerable preparation in order to become familiar with the season's presentations and topics. The speech proved very popular with our members and I would not hesitate to ask her to present at any of our future events. In all my dealings with Renée I have found her to be dependable, reliable, conscientious and extremely helpful. I'm more than happy to provide further information if required.
A.F., PRESIDENT, OTTAWA PRODUCT MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION
* * * I found the webinar interesting and informative. Renee goes through the definitions of conflict and how it can develop. Then a strategy on how to avoid or resolve conflict is laid out. Conflict can be a difficult thing to resolve, but Renee does an excellent job of bringing you to a point where you have tools to deal with it. Conflict will inevitably arise, its important that people know how to handle it.
Susan Wellisch * * * Renee's SPARK Talk at Cannexus 15 was confidently and enthusiastically delivered. What stood out for me was her effective use of silence during her talk. She modelled the energetic changes that happen when one has the courage to just stop talking and allow the next moment to unfold from a creative and curious place. Thank you Renee. Nancy Forrester MBA, Accredited EFT Master Trainer of Trainers Executive Director, National Emotional Freedom Techniques Training Institute NeftTI.com
* * * I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation Renée Gendron gave at the Cannexus 2015 conference in Ottawa, recently. My colleagues and I were impacted by the 5 seconds of silence, she imposed in her presentation, forcing us to realize our own uncomfortable feelings with the quiet. By sharing her insight, we are able to use this in our daily practice with clients, offering a new perspective on how we connect with each other. Shelley McCaffrey Corporate-Well Solutions, Wellness Professional
* * * During the five plus years I've known Renée on a professional level, I have found her to be intelligent & energetic. She is hands-down one of the most dedicated persons I know. It is this wonderful quality that lends itself to her building strong relationships. In her role as facilitator, she is attentive to participants' needs and has the unique knack of interacting in both a positive & instructive manner. Renée has been, and will continue to be a trusted & valued business alliance. I eagerly recommend her as a valuable resource and a real asset to any organization. Santina Kerslake Business & Conflict Coach/Consultant The Niche Factory http://thenichefactory.ca/
* * * Renée is a skilled mediator and a dedicated researcher who is genuinely passionate about connecting people with the resources that can help them succeed and thrive. Her mix of intelligent listening and insightful feedback make her a valuable facilitator for any individual or organization looking to transform how they work. Rhiana Chinapen ~ Community Facilitator, Hub Ottawa
* * * I enjoyed her lunch presentations for several reasons. Renée has a deep knowledge of the subject which she is presenting, so she delivers it with ease. She includes and engages everybody. The presentation was experiential, where Renée draws from people's experiences. Also, the handouts are very good. I find it nice when that she covers different learning styles. Thank you for the interesting presentations. Randa Babili President at Satir Learning Center
* * * I have, over the last 3 -4 years, had the opportunity of interacting academically with Mme. Renée Gendron, especially on topics of conflict and how to attempt to resolve them. She has always proven to be a calm, patient and attentive listener. When it is her turn to speak: her substance delivery is impeccable, concise and to-the-point, thought-provoking and free-flowing. She is always very well-researched before she addresses an issue. I would encourage anyone looking to resolve an issue to tap into her pool of knowledge. Mike Mensah-Bonsu
* * * I would like to take this opportunity to recommend Renée Gendron. I have attended few workshops that she has facilitated on leadership and conflict resolutions. She is willing to help despite of her busy schedule and her various responsibilities as a consultant. I always left with the impression of her high level of professionalism and deep understanding of the economic and social contexts that might affect today’s business. Thank you. FP, Ottawa May, 2014
* * * The lecture series Resilient Self-Leadership have helped me identify the major reasons why I find it difficult to achieve most of my goals. I have discovered that self-leadership is the force that I need to keep on pushing. I recommend the series to anyone who needs to achieve, develop, keep moving forward and succeed in this journey of life. Elias ~ Ottawa